[MINC-users] Bug in mni_autoreg-0.98v ?

Simon Fristed Eskildsen se at hst.aau.dk
Wed Mar 15 10:04:26 EST 2006

Yes, that was also my solution.
Since we're correcting the perl scripts, I'm slightly annoyed by the way
mritotal handles logging. Somewhere after version 0.98r mritotal has
considered stdout as an open filehandle for logging, which means that it
is not possible to pipe stdout from mritotal:
    mritotal mri.mnc mri.xfm > test.log
    self_announce: if supplied, $log must be an open filehandle at
/gruppe/ad_mri/Opteron/pack/bin/mritotal line 571
Removing the following from mritotal solves the problem:
    &self_announce("STDOUT") if $Verbose && ! -t "STDOUT";
I realize that the filehandle check is in the self_announce function,
but i am reluctant to change anything in the mni_perllib.
Maybe a commandline option to mritotal for handling logging would be in
order?

Best regards
Simon Eskildsen

--
Simon Fristed Eskildsen, M.Sc.EE., Ph.D. Student
Denmark->Aalborg->HST->MI (se at hst.aau.dk || +45 9635 9823)