[MINC-users] Re-orienting slice angle

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 22:47:04 EDT 2006

Hi again Thomas,

Display is no the best regarding documentation so here goes.

First place the cross hairs in the 3D view on a place that you want in
your oblique view.  then..

  1. Press 's' for Slive View

  2. Press 'r' to make sure things are visible

  3. Press 'e' (Pick slice Angle).

Then click somewhere else in the image that you want in your oblique
view.  after a few hacks at this (#3 only) you will get the hang of
it.

On 6/9/06, tpb1 at ualberta.ca <tpb1 at ualberta.ca> wrote:
> I just read Teipel/Pruessner/et al's J. Neurol 2005 paper on volumetry
> in AD, and I can't figure out how he re-oriented his slices using
> Display.  In his methods section he says "[Display] allows simultaneous
> visualization and segmentation of volumes in coronal, saggital and
> horizontal orientations.  Additionally, the user can define angles for
> viewing of images that are presented in a fourth window.  This allows
> the user to view coronal slices simultaneously along the AC-PC line and
> the line perpendicular to the long axis of the HC."  I have been using
> Display for a while, and I've never seen this "fourth window" where the
> user can define different angles.  I use the Linux version of Display;
> do I need additional packages in order to get this fourth window?
> (I've used the 3D rendering window, but I haven't been able to use it
> to define different viewing angles in the tracing window).
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012