[MINC-users] mnc2nii spatial issue

Soren Christensen sorench at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 00:18:33 EDT 2006

Hi,
 I am having a problem with mnc2nii and nii2mnc. When converting a
file from mnc to nifti and then back to minc the dimension startpoints
can vary. See mincinfo below.
Register confirms that the actual voxel values at synced coordinates
are slightly different.
Is this a bug or am I missing something.
I added the header info described in
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/pipermail/minc-users/2005-October/000857.html
just in case, but that issue seems to be resolved.
Cheers
Soren

mincinfo labt.vol.mnc labbott.vol_new.mnc

file: labt.vol.mnc
image: signed__ short 0 to 397
image dimensions: yspace zspace xspace
    dimension name         length         step        start
    --------------         ------         ----        -----
    yspace                    120          1.5         -384
    zspace                    512      0.46875      -28.125
    xspace                    512     -0.46875          120

file: labbott.vol_new.mnc
image: signed__ float 0 to 397
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
    dimension name         length         step        start
    zspace                    512      0.46875      -28.125
    yspace                    120          1.5         -384
    xspace                    512      0.46875     -119.531