[MINC-users] The Ubuntu apt-get source of MINC

Steve M. Robbins steven.robbins at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 9 07:52:30 EDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 03:26:00PM +0800, Sheng Bao wrote:

> This afternoon, I found accidently in "Synaptic" that MINC is available to
> be install via apt-get.
> Has anyone tried this way? Is this apt-get packed by the developers?

The Debian packages are maintained by me.  I am an alumnus of the MNI
and, though never a core developer, did contribute to maintaining
MINC.

> Can I use that way to install MINC installed of downloading and compiling
> the source of minc and bicpl?

The intent is that you can install those packages rather than
compiling MINC, yes.  Bicpl is not included.

One caveat is that currently MINC version 1.4 is packaged, and not the
newer 2.0 series.  I gather that version 2 is considered stable now,
so I think I'll package it soon.

Cheers,
-Steve