[MINC-users] transformation of GE to MINC

Fucang Jia jiafucang at asisz.com
Mon Jul 3 03:54:29 EDT 2006

Hi , Zhiqiang,

If you use AFNI, you can do a try with Ifile and 3dAFNItoMINC

Ifile '083/I.*' '103/I.*' '123/I.*' '143/I.*' ...

3dAFNItoMINC ...

HTH,

Fucang

On 2006-07-03 15:47:57 xingfeng lee
Subject:    [MINC-users] transformation of GE to MINC

hello  all:
   I  encountered  a  problem  when  I  transformate  GE  to  MINC.  we  acquired  data  with  GE-signa  1.5  Tesla  scanner,  and  wanted  ultimate  data  with  MINC  format.  for  this  sake.  we  tested  2  ways:
1.  transformate  GE  data  to  DICOM,  then  to  MINC.  At  the  ADW4.0  workstation  of  GE,  exported  the  data  of  GE  format  to  ADW  to  finish  DICOM  transformation.  but  there  is  a  trouble  that  one  folder  can  only  hold  1000  files  in  GE  equipment,  3000  files  of  one  run  in  our  experiment  were  divided  into  3  folders,  they  can't  be  accepted  by  the  programme  of  dcm2mnc(BIC  MNI  McGill).  we  tried  to  rename  3000  fiels,  and  packed  them  into  one  folder,  the  dcm2mnc  can't  read  it  at  all.  then  we  tested  second  way:
2.  transformated  DICOM  to  analyze.  after  renaming  and  packing  3000  dicom  files,  I  finshed  analyze  transormation  using  [MRIcro/Import/convert  foreign  to  analyze].  then  transformated  it  to  MINC,  but  the  next  step(Register  program at BIC.MNI.McGILL)  go  wrong,  2  images  can't  be  registered.
But  2  above  ways  were  nuisance  because  the  step  from  GE  to  DICOM,  so  we  tested  3.
3.  transformate  GE  to  MINC,  after  renaming  and  packing  3000  GE  files  to  analyze(*.img&*.hdr)  I  used  program  ge5_to_minc at Harvard  to  finish  it.  but  ge5_to_minc  can't  run  at  all.
   Appreciate  your  reply!
   Zhang  Zhiqiang

JinLing  hospital,  medical  school  of  Nanjing  University.  P.R.China.

Talk  is  cheap.  Use  Yahoo!  Messenger  to  make  PC-to-Phone  calls.    Great  rates  starting  at  1?min.
MINC-users at bic.mni.mcgill.ca