[MINC-users] transformation of GE to MINC

xingfeng lee spmlxf at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 03:42:40 EDT 2006

hello all:
  I encountered a problem when I transformate GE to MINC. we acquired data with GE-signa 1.5 Tesla scanner, and wanted ultimate data with MINC format. for this sake. we tested 2 ways:
1. transformate GE data to DICOM, then to MINC. At the ADW4.0 workstation of GE, exported the data of GE format to ADW to finish DICOM transformation. but there is a trouble that one folder can only hold 1000 files in GE equipment, 3000 files of one run in our experiment were divided into 3 folders, they can't be accepted by the programme of dcm2mnc(BIC MNI McGill). we tried to rename 3000 fiels, and packed them into one folder, the dcm2mnc can't read it at all. then we tested second way:
2. transformated DICOM to analyze. after renaming and packing 3000 dicom files, I finshed analyze transormation using [MRIcro/Import/convert foreign to analyze]. then transformated it to MINC, but the next step(Register program at BIC.MNI.McGILL) go wrong, 2 images can't be registered.
But 2 above ways were nuisance because the step from GE to DICOM, so we tested 3.
3. transformate GE to MINC, after renaming and packing 3000 GE files to analyze(*.img&*.hdr) I used program ge5_to_minc at Harvard to finish it. but ge5_to_minc can't run at all.
  Appreciate your reply!
  Zhang Zhiqiang

JinLing hospital, medical school of Nanjing University. P.R.China.