[MINC-users] Problem with Display for Mac

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 01:12:31 EST 2006

>     This is more likely the effect of Andrew being spread too thin and
> compounded by us ( Andrew ) not having a 10.3 system to play with.

Call me Margarine.

>     The binaries for MacOSX on http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca have
> been built on 10.4 and in many cases do not work on anything less.

Correct, they are built on Tiger and they are piecemeal.  I know I can
make a mpkg but just haven't had the time or inclination to figure out
how given that you can use the C/L version in OSX and not have to
press agree ten times for each package.

However I had tested a few of them against "lower" versions and had
some success (but not much!).  I just figured that most mac people
would upgrade to Tiger eventually.  Also a lot of the Register Display
stuff changes a bit between 10.4 and 10.3.

Mind you a few of the packages tend to spit errors during the install
on some machines and not others and yet appear to be fine...  weird. I
am yet to track down as to why the register package for instance
installs fine on some machines and yet spits and error (and still
works) on others when both are "vanilla" OSX 10.4 installs

--
Andrew Janke      (a.janke at gmail.com || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012