[MINC-users] using minc with ITK

Audette, Michel Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Feb 23 11:33:50 EST 2006

Thanks to you both, Jason and Andrew.

One last thing, and I'll stop making a nuisance of myself. Has anyone made available online a justification of MINC, in terms of pros and cons, against competing image formats, including software tools based on them?

It would really bug me to champion MINC, in part based on all my image analysis being MINC-based, only to fall short in convincing the other researchers here at ICCAS to adopt MINC as its definitive medical image format... which might entail that any future work that I do will be based on DICOM or something else. In other words, there must be a better justification on which I can draw than my prior experience with it (other than MINC being self-contained in one file, especially if DICOM is significantly more prevalent...)

Cheers,

Michel

Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Innovation Center Computer Assisted Surgery (ICCAS)
Philipp-Rosenthal-Strasse 55
Leipzig, Germany
Phone: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 13
Fax: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 09