[MINC-users] Object opacity

tpb1@ualberta.ca tpb1 at ualberta.ca
Tue Feb 21 15:17:16 EST 2006

I'm trying to change the transparency of an object in the 3D window in
order to reveal other objects behind it.  That is, I want to make the
object in front more transparent than the object behind it (the object
in front partially blocks the object in the back) so that the outline
of the object in the back can be seen through the object in front.  I
have played around with the Objects/Change Surface Prop function, but
have been unsuccessful in changing the opacity in order to get the
effect mentioned above.  (Opacity is defined from 0 to 1, with 0 being
the transparent, 1 being fully opaque).  I also don't know the defaults
for ambient, diffuse, specular, shininess and opacity.

If anyone has any insights, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Thomas