[MINC-users] mnc2ana problem

Søren Christensen U951678 at STUDMED.AU.DK
Wed Feb 22 00:30:40 EST 2006

Thanks for that.
I managed to get it working for the particular application by changing the script to first getting the dimorder from the mnc file, then writing the dimension lenghts to the analyze file in fastest->slowest varying order and then finally setting the coronal flag in the Analyze header.
I had to use Analyze 7.5 as it seemed the better way to go from the actual Analyze program to MINC.

Cheers
Soren

-----Original Message-----
From: minc-users-bounces at bic.mni.mcgill.ca on behalf of Andrew Janke
Sent: Wed 22-02-2006 15:44
To: MINC users mailing list
Subject: Re: [MINC-users] mnc2ana problem

Soren,

In short not all analyze apps support the "Analyze 7.5" spec as they
should (for various reasons).  IN short you'd do well to always
mincreshape all your files to zyx order before conversion and also use
mnc2nii over mnc2ana. (part of minc 1.4).  mnc2nii uses Nifti-1 a more
portable analyze.

On 2/20/06, Søren Christensen <U951678 at studmed.au.dk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I have a problem converting coronal minc files into analyze format.
> The mincfile (that Displays right in terms of its dimensions) has dimensions:
> image: signed__ short 0 to 426
> image dimensions: yspace zspace xspace
>     dimension name         length         step        start
>     --------------         ------         ----        -----
>     yspace                    120          1.5         -384
>     zspace                    512      0.46875      -28.125
>     xspace                    512     -0.46875          120
>
> mnc2ana says:
>
> mnc2ana mtest.mnc mmm
> Start:  120  - -384  - -28.125
> Step:   -0.46875  - 1.5  - 0.46875
> Length: 512 - 120 - 512
> Dims:   yspace - zspace - xspace
>
> FSLs avwhd says:
> dim0           4
> dim1           512
> dim2           120
> dim3           512
> dim4           0
> dim5           0
>

> When viewed in FSL it seems as as if the dimensions are swapped around, or more specifically, that the data is dumped as x,z,y but should have been put as x,y,z, but maybe i am wrong?
>
> Does anyone how any suggestions towards a quick fix?
>

> Many thanks,
> Soren

Andrew Janke      (a.janke at gmail.com || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012

MINC-users at bic.mni.mcgill.ca