[MINC-users] Building OSX application with MINC libraries

Jonathan HARLAP jharlap at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Apr 18 10:28:24 EDT 2006

Hi Ed,

AFAIK, VIO_PREFIX_NAMES=1 basically gets rid of a bunch of macros that
either are named in a way that invites conflicts (such as X) or are
trivial/unnecessary (such as for_less).  There's really no reason a C
programmer would make a macro for_less(X,i) = for(X=0;X<i;++X) as all it
accomplishes is less readable code and poorer compiler optimization - so
coders are discouraged from using the macros which are controlled by
VIO_PREFIX_NAMES.  Unfortunately, many common minc programs use these
macros, so it will be some work before they can really be nuked.

Cheers,