[MINC-users] Building OSX application with MINC libraries

Ed Gronenschild ed.gronenschild at mi.unimaas.nl
Tue Apr 18 10:11:50 EDT 2006

Hi Andrew (Janke),

A few weeks ago I dropped a question about using the MINC
libraries in building a native Mac OSX application. To get rid of
conflicting errors you adviced me to set VIO_PREFIX_NAMES
to 1. When I do so the application runs without errors, so your
suggestion worked. However, I noticed that a lot of symbols are
not defined anymore, like "FREE" (see alloc.h) and "for_less"
(see basic.h). I'm using the minc 1.4 package.
Is there any particular reason why these symbols are not defined
and thus can't be used only because of setting
VIO_PREFIX_NAMES to 1 instead of 0.

Regards,

Ed