[MINC-users] Availability minc_bet

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 01:41:39 EDT 2006

Hi Ed,

In short, mincbet was a dirty hack I perpetrated a while back upon a
version of FSL that I happened to have. (For the technically inclined
I modified libss to read MINC directly).  It seems to now have taken
on a life of its own. :)

Unfortunately I am sure that Steve Smith and Co would not be too
impressed if I started distributing my own hacked up versions of FSL
and thus I am somewhat reticent about it.

I could provide the extra bits of code I did add to FSL and then you
could add them in yourself. Your mileage will definitely vary here as
I suspect FSL has changed somewhat since I did this. So I suspect that
your best bet would be to simply use the nifti-1 conversion tools that
are now part of MINC 1.4

ie:

   mnc2nii infile.mnc tmp.hdr
   bet tmp.hdr....  out.hdr
   nii2mnc out.hdr outfile.mnc

This is somewhat convoluted but will work!

On 4/3/06, Ed Gronenschild <ed.gronenschild at mi.unimaas.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can I find minc_bet, the derivative of BET from FSL.
> I'm on a Mac OSX 10.3.9.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012