[MINC-users] case/hyphenation issues in deb pkgs?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 02:51:05 EDT 2006

No,

These were a few errors that slipped through with early versions of
the debian packages that I am yet to fix, you can force the
installation of these packages with no worry.

In short they came about because debian does not allow Capitols in
package names nor underscores.

Andrew

On 4/6/06, Alex ZIJDENBOS <alex at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install the Debian mni packages, but I'm running in some
> odd dependency problems which at first glance appear to be related to
> case/hyphenation inconsistencies. For example:
>
>  splat:~# apt-get -s install classify ebtks
>  Reading Package Lists... Done
>  Building Dependency Tree... Done
>  ebtks is already the newest version.
>  Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>  requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>  distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>  or been moved out of Incoming.
>  The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>
>  The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>    classify: Depends: EBTKS but it is not installable
>  E: Broken packages
>
> So ebtks is installed, but classify won't install because it depends
> on EBTKS?
>
> Then also:
>
>  dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mni-autoreg-model:
>   mni-autoreg-model depends on mni_autoreg; however:
>    Package mni_autoreg is not installed.
>  # dpkg -l | grep autoreg
>  ii  mni-autoreg    0.98v          mni-autoreg
>
> So it appears that mni-autoreg-model depends on mni_autoreg, while
> mni-autoreg (note hyphen vs. underscore) is actually installed.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> -- A

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012