[MINC-users] case/hyphenation issues in deb pkgs?

Alex ZIJDENBOS alex at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 6 13:07:15 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to install the Debian mni packages, but I'm running in some
odd dependency problems which at first glance appear to be related to
case/hyphenation inconsistencies. For example:

  splat:~# apt-get -s install classify ebtks
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  ebtks is already the newest version.
  or been moved out of Incoming.

    classify: Depends: EBTKS but it is not installable
  E: Broken packages

So ebtks is installed, but classify won't install because it depends
on EBTKS?

Then also:

  dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mni-autoreg-model:
   mni-autoreg-model depends on mni_autoreg; however:
    Package mni_autoreg is not installed.
  # dpkg -l | grep autoreg
  ii  mni-autoreg    0.98v          mni-autoreg

So it appears that mni-autoreg-model depends on mni_autoreg, while
mni-autoreg (note hyphen vs. underscore) is actually installed.

Am I missing something?

-- A