[MINC-users] N3 and Cygwin

Thomas Mansi mansi at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Sep 20 14:54:35 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install N3 on a cygwin system. I managed to install all
the required things but when executing nu_estimate for example, it gives
me this strange message:

******************

$ nu_estimate mcd_001_t1.mnc.gz mcd_001_t1_test.imp
MNI::MincUtilities: warning: $main::Execute not defined (assuming true)
-- did you use MNI::Startup?
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/local/mni/bin/nu_estimate line 411.
/usr/local/mni/bin/nu_estimate line 264.
/usr/local/mni/bin/nu_estimate line 264.
/usr/local/mni/bin/nu_estimate line 270.
Use of uninitialized value in join or string at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/MNI/Spawn.pm line 830.
MNI::MincUtilities: warning: $main::Execute not defined (assuming true)
-- did you use MNI::Startup?
Useless use of a constant in void context at
/usr/local/mni/bin/nu_estimate_np_and_em line 49.
Name "main::KeepTmp" used only once: possible typo at
/usr/local/mni/bin/nu_estimate_np_and_em line 1163.
/usr/local/mni/bin/nu_estimate_np_and_em line 1417.
/usr/local/mni/bin/nu_estimate_np_and_em line 1417.
/usr/local/mni/bin/nu_estimate_np_and_em line 1423.
Leftover args: mcd_001_t1_test.imp
, version 1.10

Usage:  [-help] [options] input_volume.mnc nu_field.imp
Incorrect number of arguments
nu_estimate: crashed while running nu_estimate_np_and_em (termination
status=512)

*****************

Does anyone know what I can do at this stage? The installation of minc,
EBTKS, getop::tabular and N3 were performed without any problem. As for
perllib, when I executed perl Makefile.PL, I had this strange message:

Makefile.PL: I don't grok the manifypods section, so can't tweak the
pod2man args at Makefile.PL line 162.

What did it mean? However, I went on installing, without additional
problems.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Thomas Mansi

PS: I'm using perl version 5.8.7 and gcc version 3.4.4.