[MINC-users] dicom to minc converter

Teodor Stanescu teodorst at cancerboard.ab.ca
Tue Nov 29 12:18:47 EST 2005

Hi Alex,

1) I haven't had the chance to try dicom_to_minc, yet.

2) I ran dicom3_to_minc and I got the following error:

Reading headers from file "/home/teo/imags"
Wrong number of bits allocated per image ()
Error reading file "/home/teo/imags". Skipping to next.
Cleaning up temporary files.

3) Yes, the encoding is little endian.

Thanks.

Teo

> If I can drop in, there's a few questions I'd have:
>
> 1) Did you try dicom_to_minc (Peter neelin's version) ?
>
> 2) Did you try dicom_to_minc3.pl (Jonathan Harlap's version using the
>   DICOMperl library) ?
>
> 3) What is the encoding used? I assume that it's native little endian.
>
> I also have some bits of codes to reorder dicom files to fix
> a very similar issue with dicom_to_minc. However that code requires
> a modified DICOMperl lib to run.
>
> I have the "chance" of having dealt with tricky conversions
> from probably every scanner model made in the last 15 yeas ;-).
>
> Alex

unauthorized and may be illegal.