[MINC-users] dicom to minc converter

Alexandre CARMEL-VEILLEUX acveilleux at mrs.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 29 11:26:22 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 09:15:01AM -0700, Teodor Stanescu wrote:

> Yes, I can open them with no problem in Matlab, Mipav, DicomWorks, eFilm ... I got the same error message with both 1.5T and 3T images (Philips Intera).

	If I can drop in, there's a few questions I'd have:

1) Did you try dicom_to_minc (Peter neelin's version) ?

2) Did you try dicom_to_minc3.pl (Jonathan Harlap's version using the
   DICOMperl library) ?

3) What is the encoding used? I assume that it's native little endian.

	I also have some bits of codes to reorder dicom files to fix
a very similar issue with dicom_to_minc. However that code requires
a modified DICOMperl lib to run.

	I have the "chance" of having dealt with tricky conversions
from probably every scanner model made in the last 15 yeas ;-).

Alex