[MINC-users] Help on how to transform a displacement field!!!

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 22:40:25 EST 2005

>   I would like to understand what "a non-mass
> preserving resampling" means.

It is the notion of preserving signal as it relates to area in the
original image. ie: if you shrink an area by 10% you increase its
signal by 10%.  Thus if you integrate across an area both before and
after resampling you will get the same result.  Sometimes you want to
do this and sometimes you dont.....

> Does this mean that I won't be able to apply mincblob on the results?

no

>   Maybe, it would be better to decompose the vectors at each voxel of the deformation and resample that instead. The only problem is to reassemble the vector field.

why?  This is in effect what mincresample does.

--
Andrew Janke      (a.janke at gmail.com || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012