[MINC-users] N3

elo@neurorx.com elo at neurorx.com
Tue Nov 1 11:25:42 EST 2005

Hi Joel,

I'm not able to address all of your issues, but here are some aspects of
using nu_correct that you might find helpful:

A low number of iterations means that nu_correct is not applying a very
strong correction, and this may result in poor quality images. To rectify
this you might want to decrease the stopping condition for your scans.  I
find that -stop 2.e-5 works well, the default is 1.e-3.  When the stopping
condition is tightened however, the number of iterations may increase
greatly - so there is a tradeoff between correction quality and processing
time.

We in fact find that running nu_correct several times (with the same
parameters) yields the best results in terms of image uniformity.  This
may be because different gaussian modes are targeted and corrected.  For
our MRI images, applying repeated nu_corrects (about 6 times), produces
the best results.

Good luck,

Ernest Lo
NeuroRX Research