[MINC-users] conversion and viewing of functional data (AFNI-BRIK and HEAD) to mnc

Nameeta Lobo minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 17 13:14:04 2005

Hi

I want to actually use the MNI-ROIs instead of manually drawing ROIs. I work
with AFNI and so thought I could convert my AFNI structurals and functionals
into the MNC format. I have 43 sub bricks in my functional dataset which I know
are present too in the mnc format as the mincinfo: time gives me the number 43.
Also, to check the data I converted from AFNI to MINC and then back to AFNI. I
had all my 43 sub bricks with the same values in AFNI (the activation map looked
a little smooth though). I just cannot figure out how to see these 43 sub bricks
in MINC. xdisp is still not available and I havent downloaded postf yet. Also,
the functional dataset (statistical map) is a 4D and not a 3D.

1. How do I make this 3D?

2. I guess to see 4D data I should be using postf as xdisp is not available. Can
I see it using any other software?

3. You also mentioned that

> > > In register you can synchronize the functional and the structral and
> set
> > > the threshold of your t-values, put labels, and obtain stereotaxic
> > > coordinates.

As of now, I managed to upload the 4D functional data in the register window.
Besides moving that intensity bar, is there any other way to adjust thresholds.
Besides I guess this step does not help me right now as I still dont know how to
adjust the threshold for 44 sub bricks (this probably gives the same threshold
for all sub bricks)

5. How do I identify tag points. Is there some web page that I could read this
up? I just tried registering 2 volumes (test and retest) and played safe by
marking 4 equidistant points on the brain.

I am sorry to be so confused at this moment but it has been just 2 days ago that
I have been asked to manage this task and so am just googling and reading up
matter on your website and asking you so many questions.

Thank you all for your time and patience.

Nameeta