[MINC-users] postf for X

Christopher Bailey cjb@pet.auh.dk
Thu Mar 17 06:21:05 2005

Hi,

Thanks for postf; it is to my knowledge the only tool for visual
inspection of dynamic minc data. Great that us linuces can also benefit!

I had a compilation problem, which was solved by commenting out line
2696 in postf.c:

postf.c: In function `main':
postf.c:2696: error: `ARGV_VERINFO' undeclared (first use in this
function)
postf.c:2696: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
postf.c:2696: error: for each function it appears in.)
postf.c:2696: error: initializer element is not constant
postf.c:2696: error: (near initialization for `argTable[0].type')

all the way to `argTable[21].type'. My gcc is at 3.3.5.

I never could really figure out the colormap scaling using the mouse;
always end up getting inf's or nan's (rescued by 'r'). But in my linux
compilation things seem to be even more difficult. I can get the lower
limit to rise using the right mouse button, but nothing happens when
using the left (apart from the occasional inf...).

I went around this by using the (free) 't'-key to ask for limits
manually (a la Display; can send diff of postf.c if anyone interested)
since I couldn't figure out the X-commands... A related matter is that
of the time-activity curve ('d'): Would it be possible to apply the
scaling chosen in the colormap to that graph too? In the data I've been
looking at there are huge recon artefacts at the edges, which then make
the full range of the data ridiculous.

A third feature I want to comment on is the ROI selector. In my
compilation the centre of the ROI shifts as I increase it's radius.
Actually, I think it's only the ROI displayed on screen that's "off",
whereas the actual ROI applied to the data is "on-centre". This could be
a simple thing to fix (but I couldn't see it...).

Thanks again,

-Chris
--
Christopher Bailey <cjb@pet.auh.dk>