[MINC-users] MNI tools in Freesurfer

Steve M. Robbins minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 2 21:45:05 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 02:42:30PM +1000, Fornito, Alexander wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been having trouble with the MNI tools packaged together with Freesurfer.

Chances are you'd get a more informed response from a Freesurfer
mailing list.

> We are running a  linux kernel 2.4.26 debian 3.0 (woody).
> We've installed the freesurfer and the packaged MNI tools in the apporpriate directories and set the appropriate environment variables.
> When I run Freesurfer's segmentation algorithm, I get the following error messages:
>
> segment_subject 190
> cp: cannot stat
> `/data/flanders/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects/scripts/brain.dat'
> : No such file or directory

Not finding a script suggests an install problem.

> On their own some of the MNI tools work (eg., Display), whereas
> others don't (eg., mritotal, which returns with the mincinfo: error
> while loading shared libraries: libvolume_io.so.0 message).  Any
> help would be greatly appreciated!!!

That suggests you have a mix: some tools compiled with shared
MINC libraries and some with static libraries.  One source of
the former is the "official" Debian packages, i.e. the ones
from packages.debian.org.  Best idea is to ask the person
who built your binaries.

-Steve