[MINC-users] mincbet question

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 00:39:54 EST 2005

Hi,

First and foremost, mincbet is by no means supported MINC software. It
is a dodgy hack I perpetrated a few years that has maanged to come
back to haunt me far too many times.... :)

As part of its operation it will convert all data to float. This is a
side-effect of the way data formats are/were used in FSL. I suspect
you will find that your mask is still "in" the minc file but hard to
find due to spurious range values.  I suspect that something like this
should sort  things out a bit.

  mincmath -byte -gt -const 0 bet-mask.mnc new-mask.mnc

But your mileage will vary.

Andrew

On 13/12/05, nagano atsuko <atsuko_nagano at hotmail.co.jp> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> The next problem is about mincbet.
>
> I use mincbet with 9 anatomical T1 images.
> With 8 images, the masked images have values around 'signed__ float 0 to
> 100', but for one image, it is 'signed__ float 0 to 10000000000'. The range
> of signals of original images is the same, unsigned short 0 to 4095. What
> happens?
>
> Thank you again and again,
>
> Atsuko

Andrew Janke      (a.janke at gmail.com || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012