[MINC-users] glim_image

Jason Lerch minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sat Apr 9 20:25:04 2005

On Apr 9, 2005, at 6:51 PM, Jamila Ahdidan wrote:

>  My dilema is whether I should just keep
> my good results and forget about the intercept in the
> matrix, or I should stick to the intercept and
> conclude that nothing is interpretable from my
> results.

Is there any reason to force the slope to be 0 at x=0? If you have
standard VBM density data, then that is an invalid assumption, since
there is every reason to allow the y to take on an arbitrary value at
x=0, so you would include that column of ones for your intercept term.
If you have different data then this assumption might be valid -
something that is the case, for example, when looking at asymmetry VBM.
But by and large you will want an intercept.

Hope this helps,

Jason