[MINC-users] register, regions of interests and Tailarach coordinates

Jason Lerch minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 8 14:58:04 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 3:30 PM, Roy Yves wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Is there a tool, or functionality in register or elsewhere that will
> allow me to:
>
> 1- Is there a tool that,  given a set of regions of interests
> identified using their names or Broadmann number, and a threshold for
> the t value, will search a t-stat map and return the Tailarach/MNI
> coordinates of the peaks that are present in those regions, together
> with the value of the peak?

'find_peaks', I believe, will do the job that you want. Except for the
Brodmann area part, which is next to impossible since we don't have
real maps of most Brodmann Areas.

> 2- Is there a tool that takes as input a region of interest identified
> using their names or Broadmann number and return the boundaries of
> that regions in Tailarach/MNI coordinates?

That would be a rather long list of numbers for a boundary, would it
not? I'm not quite sure I understand what you are after.

> 3-  Is there a tool that takes as input Tailarach/MNI coordinates and
> return their names and/or Broadmann number?

You could get the tag file produced by find_peaks and look at it in
register together with a probability map generated for a certain area,
or, alternately, the map of structures used by ANIMAL to do its
segmentation to get some idea about the area each peak is in.

> 4- Is there a functionality in register that will facilitate that task
> of performing 1, 2 and 3.

The combination of tag files of peaks together with anatomical data and
structural probability maps does the job pretty well for me anyways.

Cheers,

Jason