[MINC-users] register, regions of interests and Tailarach coordinates

Jeni Chen minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 6 23:54:04 2005

Hi Yves,

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Roy Yves wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Is there a tool, or functionality in register or elsewhere that will allow me to:
>
> 1- Is there a tool that,  given a set of regions of interests identified using their names or Broadmann number, and a threshold for the t value, will search a t-stat map and return the Tailarach/MNI coordinates of the peaks that are present in those regions, together with the value of the peak?
>
> 2- Is there a tool that takes as input a region of interest identified using their names or Broadmann number and return the boundaries of that regions in Tailarach/MNI coordinates?
Wouldn't  Keith's "stat_summary" in the fmristat do this?

There's also 'find_peaks' that will give you all the peaks above a given
threshold in a .tag file. You can then load the tag file in Register to
see these peaks.

Usage: find_peaks [options] <in>.mnc <out>.tag
find_peaks -h

> 3-  Is there a tool that takes as input Tailarach/MNI coordinates and return their names and/or Broadmann number?
There is a program called Talairach Daemon
(http://ric.uthscsa.edu/projects/talairachdaemon.html)

It will read tab or space delimited records from text files containing
lists of Talairach coordinates arranged in x-y-z order, and gives you the
name or Broadman area number in a text file. There is also an option of
doing a single search by entering the coordinates in a dialog window.

> 4- Is there a functionality in register that will facilitate that task of performing 1, 2 and 3.
I guess you can use 'find_peaks' to get the tag file (a text file) and
import it into Talairach Daemon to get the names that correspond to those
coordinates.

cheers,

Jeni

Jen-I Chen