[MINC-users] Pretty Pictures of MINC files

Christopher Bailey cjb@pet.auh.dk
Fri Nov 26 05:34:05 2004

Hi again,

Following up on my PET-post, I would like to address the related issue
of production of Pretty Pictures for publications. Now that FreeSurfer,
Caret/SureFit and Brainvoyager are churning out inflated/flattened maps
at an alarming rate, the Marching Cubes of Display seems a bit quaint. I
think the MINC community would embrace something that could produce,
say, an Anatomic Segmentation using Proximities.................

Again, converters can be used to flip-flop between file formats.
However, keeping track of 2 coordinate system transformations (3D and
2D) could become a hassle. Sticking to MINC all the way though an
analysis would in the case of cortical inflation, I think, be quite
beneficial.

Best regards,
Chris

--