[MINC-users] Minc Tools

Andrew Janke rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au
Mon May 17 20:01:04 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Jason Lerch wrote:

> > When using a PC, I assume that Linux would be the OS of choice for the
> > minc tools instead of Windows XP.  Am I correct or am I assuming too
> > much?
>
> Correct - Linux and IRIX are best supported, followed by OS X, then
> somewhere down the list windows (though that is getting better, I
> hear).

Jason is showwing his own personal bias here.. :)

There is a binary w32 installer thanks to Gibby Koldenhof:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/mni-minc-win32/

However unless you are running XP then things such as pipes and perl are going
to be a bit of a pain.  In this case you would be best of to use Cygwin.  All
the core minc tools compile with no modifications under cygwin.

If however you have some trouble compiling for cygwin I can provide a tar.gz of
everything that I have compiled for cygwin.

--
Andrew Janke  ( rotorATcmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance