[MINC-users] N3-1.07??

Nugent, Allison C. (NIH/NIMH) minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 9 11:07:04 2004

That's interesting, because I still haven't been able to successfully build
1.07 on solaris!  The additional fortran libraries now required have been
the problem.

Allison Nugent, PhD
MRI Physicist
MADP; NIMH; NIH
(301)451-8863

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve ROBBINS [mailto:stever@bic.mni.mcgill.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 12:46 AM
To: minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Subject: Re: [MINC-users] N3-1.07??

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:18:27PM -0500, Nugent, Allison C. (NIH/NIMH)
wrote:
> Hi,
>
>             I've been using N3 version 1.05.  Most links on the MNI
webpage
> point to 1.05 as the current release, but one page,
> http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/distribution/
> <http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/distribution/> , points to 1.07.
In
> the tar file for 1.07, there wasn't a clear explanation of what was
> different between 1.05 and 1.07.

The file called NEWS is intended to be the clear explanation of what is
different.  It should have appeared in the tar file.

>  What are the advantages of 1.07?  Is it
> truly the current version?  Which should I use?

The newer version features an automated build procedure and code
updates to better conform to modern C++ compilers.
There should be no user-visible changes between 1.05 and 1.07.

-Steve