[MINC-users] Convert Philips REC/PAR-Files zu minc-format

Roger Luechinger minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:19:01 +0100

Hi minc-users,

Up to now we used in Zurich the dicom-server from the mni-project to get
the data from our Philips scanners to the minc format. However with each
release change we (or better say Gerard Crelier) had to adaped the
dicomserver.
The last time ~3 year ago we had huge problems to find a suitable old
Linux installation to compile it (it worked only on a Suse ~6.x), but now
we do no longer have such an old system. Together with other problems
concerning the dicom transfer and the lake of knowledge about that
dicomserver we are thinking to change the way to create the minc-files.

And for that purpose I need some tips and infos.

Over the last few year Philips create for offline postprocessing a new
file format (REC and PAR-Files) which are usd in our lab for all purposes...
The REC-File contains all images from a scans in a binary format
(integers) without any header, the PAR-Files contains all the infos for
the scan and also for each image in an ASCII format.
Converter for REC/PAR to analyze we wrote by ourself, and now I would like
to do the same for the minc format. However I could not find infos which
parameter and image infos have to be stored in a minc-file.

Preferable I'd like to write it with perl. Mainly do to portability and
prior knowlegde reason. The initial implementation will be under Linux.

Can you gave me any links, documents, software-templates which would be
useful for such a project. Perhaps there are other users which would be
interested in such a project.

Regards

Roger
--