[MINC-users] compiling register on OS X

Jason Lerch minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:19:35 -0500

On Jan 7, 2004, at 12:26 PM, James Dessart wrote:

> On 7-Jan-04, at 11:11 AM, Jason Lerch wrote:
>
>> frameworks are a OS X specific thing; the current version of register
>> does not use them but instead relies on the OpenGL libraries in
>> /usr/X11R6 and the GLUT libraries installed using FINK. It is
>> possible to get register to work by using the frameworks and
>> bypassing X11, but there were some issues there I have yet to figure
>> out.
>
> I think the biggest issue would be replacing X11.  It will always need
> to use the GL and GLUT that works with X11 as long as all the
> windowing is X11.

That actually wasn't an issue at all. It took a few hacks on the
linking line, but register compiled and ran just fine without X11. It
was only happy with certain MINC files, however; I havn't the foggiest
idea why, and since that experiment happened a few days before the
workshop I gave up and just compiled against X11. I'll try to get back
to getting a quartz version of Display and Register soon, however
(unless someone beats me to it - I would not complain).

Jason