[MINC-users] compiling register on OS X

Jeff ATKINSON minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:43:43 -0500

I have Mac OS 10.3.2.  I received the binaries at the workshop and they
installed fine.  However as described on you web page Display works but
register does not.  In fact in loads and creates a window fine but never
shows the minc volume and does not respond to mouse controls.

I thought I would try to recomplie register to see if this would fix the
problem but I am having difficulty.

Without sending the whole output of configure the problem is related to
the gl and glut libraries.  I can fix some of the problem by making a
sympolic link from /usr/include/GL to
/System/Libraries/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers and
/System/Libraries/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Headers so it can find gl.h,
glu.h and glut.h.  As well symbolic links from /usr/lib to
/System/Libraries/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Libraries for all the gl
libraries seems to work but I am still stuck at configure looking for a
glut library.  There are no libraries in
/System/Libraries/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/ so I am not sure where to
point it.

Any ideas?

Jeff Atkinson