[MINC-users] MINC perl scripts location

Andrew Janke minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sun Feb 8 20:14:03 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Yasunari Tosa wrote:

> I really don't want to put MNI specific scripts in my system perl lib
> location.
>
>     perl Makefile.PL  PREFIX=/mnidir
>
> Unfortunately, N3-1.07 does not add this prefix to Perl scripts.  At this
> time, the option I have is to "edit" bin/nu_correct etc. by adding the
> following line:
>
>     use lib "/mnidir/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0"
>
> Can you make "configure" script to take a perl lib directory and update
> N3-1.07 and mni_autoreg-0.98k packages which use Perl ?

Tosa,

We are currently working to remove the configure dependency on the perl datadir
altogether, N3 will instead use a more standard place to store its data such as
n3_install_prefix/share/data/ we hope to have an updated release of this soon.

With respect to not installing mni_perllib in the system libraries, I
understand, however GetOpt::Tabular has now made its way into CPAN so perhaps it
is best of installed in the default perl library location.

--
Andrew Janke   ( rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance