[MINC-users] Volume IO examples?

Peter NEELIN minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:52:26 -0500

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, James Dessart wrote:

> I was hoping to not have to read in values one by one, and simply pass
> in a pointer to a block of data ready to receive properly-typed values.
>   Is there a function that does that?

You might find the example programs in the minc distribution useful. Look
in minc-1.2/progs/mincexample. The second one is probably more helpful.

Note that volume_io is intended to be simple to use, but it imposes its
internal data structures on you. The core minc library is intended to be
flexible and simple (which is very different from simple to use!),
allowing you to determine the internal data structures, but it is much
harder to use (especially if you want to write a program that operates on
all minc files). I hope that the examples make the job easier.

            Peter
----
            Peter Neelin (neelin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca)