[MINC-users] NifTi <-> MINC ?

Christopher Bailey cjb@pet.auh.dk
Thu Dec 9 09:44:05 2004

Hi,

The lack of much "pure" nifti data is probably due to not-that-many
dicom2nifti converters out there. A quick Google only produced

www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~robson/internal/Dicom2Nifti.htm

FSL, for example, can read and write both analyze and nifti. By default,
anything it's functions/programs write out will be gzipped nifti format.
You can be cheaky and do

avwmaths input.hdr -mul 1 output.nii.gz

to get a nifti "copy" of an analyze file. This will only work in FSL >
3.2 beta.

-Chris