[MINC-users] NifTi <-> MINC ?

Christopher Bailey cjb@pet.auh.dk
Thu Dec 9 06:50:09 2004

Thought so!

I see Morgan has already provided some example data. Perhaps the details
of the file (dimensions, steps, etc) would be handy when testing a
converter. Morgan?

As a caveat emptor to what I said previously, the next two paragraphs
are by Mark Jenkinson on the FSL mailing list:

"
The current FSL release is a beta release and we have
not yet taken advantage of the full set of possibilities that
the nifti file format creates.  Part of this is that we do not
use qforms in any of our processing at present.  We do
use sforms for calculating standard space coordinates,
as is implemented in the current version of fslview.

Therefore, at present all fsl routines work in ijk coordinates
in the same way that they always have before.  As Dave says,
the next version of fsl will be likely to support qforms.
"

So for some time to come we should be aware that the full NifTi
specification is not used by FSL programs (SPM?).

-Chris (volunteer beta tester)