[MINC-users] ANIMAL

haytham@umich.edu haytham@umich.edu
Fri Aug 6 10:51:03 2004

This is a message I sent earlier but did not get any responses. Please help:

I am trying to follow the procedure to automatically segment and label the
volume that is described in Dr. Collins paper titled "ANIMAL+INSECT: Improved
Cortical Structure Segmentation." I was able to do the following steps:

1. Linear Registration (MRI to Stereotaxic Space) (mritotal)
2. Image Intensity Non-Uniformity Correction (N3 Package)
3. Nonlinear Registration With Average Brain Target (with nlfit/animal)
4. Identify Grey Matter, White Matter and CSF Voxels (classify package)

The last step (5) of the procedure is to take the output of the linear and
non-linear registration and combine the classified data to achieve a
segmentation. Ok, I know stx_segment accomplishes this last crutial step. Where
is this script located? I downloaded and installed all the software avaialble
from http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/distribution/ and I can not find the
script. I am trying to validate some of the results mentioned in this published
paper.

On more thing that I dont understand:
Animal stands for Automatic Nonlinear Image Matching and Anatomical Labeling.
The animal package that is available to download (to my knowledge) includes
only the "Automatic Nonlinear Image Matching" part. Where are the "Anatomical
Labeling" routines? Can someone HELP me please?

Thanks in advance

-haytham