[MINC-users] average_305_headmask.mnc -- what is this?

D. Louis Collins louis@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Apr 26 08:28:04 2004

Christopher,

the headmask image is simply a mask of the target head skin surface.
It is use in one of the intermediate steps of the non-linear fitting to
define the tightest bounding box possible for the non-linear
deformation.  The goal was to save computational time (and space) by
not having an unneeded huge deformation field.

you can either
	1- use the standard headmask in the mni_autoreg model
	2- segment the head/skin of your target brain, resample it like your
target image and that should do.

-Louis