[MINC-users] cross compiling minc-1.2 libsrc

Andrew Janke rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au
Thu Apr 8 02:18:05 2004

On Thu, 7 Apr 2004, Jonathan Taylor wrote:

> 	I've been playing with minc in python, and have cross-compiled the
> minc-1.2 library on RedHat9 (not volume_io because it has too many POSIX
> like calls) to a usable DLL. I had to hack some include statements in
> netcdf_convenience.c.

As you mention DLL, I assume you mean cross-compiled to Winderz?

> 	Specifically, I changed the lines:
>
> #ifdef unix
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <sys/stat.h>           /* For S_IREAD, S_IWRITE */
> #include <sys/wait.h>
> #endif

> #include <sys/stat.h>           /* For S_IREAD, S_IWRITE */
> #include <fcntl.h>              /* For O_CREAT, O_EXCL, O_RDWR */
> #ifdef unix
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <sys/wait.h>
> #endif
>
> 	I was just wondering if minc-developers were interested in the DLL, and
> if changing these lines will break anything later.

You are not the only one, Gibby Koldenhof has also been working on windows
binaries:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/mni-minc-win32/

He also made a few changes along the lines of what you have. I have been working
on cygwin binaries (dpkg'd).  Bert Vincent (one of the primary authours of
minc2.0 has also dabbled with windows builds of minc.)

Suffice to say, YES there is interest! :)

Last I knew Bert was working on including some of these type changes (to make
windows builds easier) into the core minc CVS.  At least for MINC 2.0, I am
unsure about 1.2/x

--
Andrew Janke  ( rotorATcmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance