[MINC-users] Shapoor from Dr. Bushnell's lab

Jon Erik Ween minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:47:27 -0700

--Apple-Mail-4-845501532

This can be a real headache. Rick Hoge at MGH has written a utility to=20=

send DICOM and translate to minc, as well as a stand-alone command line=20=

converter. This works OK if all you need to do is translate T1 or=20
MPRAGE DICOMS to minc and you know exactly what's in your DICOM series.=20=

The problem comes when the scanner or PACS system lumps sequences=20
together, such as first and second T2 echos, DWI/ADC and fMRI=20
sequences. I know of no utility that will parse mosaiced fMRI DICOM to=20=

minc at all. The easiest way is to get *.img files off the scanner and=20=

convert those.

If anyone knows of a good way to do this I'd love to hear about it.

Rick's email is: rhoge@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu.

Jon

On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 08:01 AM, Shapoor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> =A0
>
> I have files that are in dicom format, I was wondering how can I=20
> transfer them into minc format?
>
> =A0
>
> Thank you
>
> Shapoor

Jon Erik Ween, MD, MS
Assistant Professor
Cognitive and Cerebrovascular Neurology
Director, Stroke Program
Loma Linda University

--Apple-Mail-4-845501532

This can be a real headache. Rick Hoge at MGH has written a utility to
send DICOM and translate to minc, as well as a stand-alone command
line converter. This works OK if all you need to do is translate T1 or
MPRAGE DICOMS to minc and you know exactly what's in your DICOM
series. The problem comes when the scanner or PACS system lumps
sequences together, such as first and second T2 echos, DWI/ADC and
fMRI sequences. I know of no utility that will parse mosaiced fMRI
DICOM to minc at all. The easiest way is to get *.img files off the
scanner and convert those.

If anyone knows of a good way to do this I'd love to hear about it.

Rick's email is:

Jon

</fontfamily>