[MINC-users] where is volume_stats

Andrew Janke minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri, 16 May 2003 11:58:24 +1000

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Peter NEELIN wrote:

> BTW, has anyone tested using mincstats as a drop-in replacement - can
> one just symlink volume_stats to mincstats and scripts work properly
> (producing the same output)?

I have run every minc file I can get my hands on through both of them and the
results are "similar".  Well this is with respect to the stats it outputs.  The
biggest difference is with the BiModalT as it relies upon the histogram and
when you consider that mincstats and volume_stats do binning differently it
begins to make sense.

  mincstats -floor 0.001 .....

seems to give more similar stats (to avoid the 0 bin problem), but not always.
On most "normal" data, the differences are miniscule.  To the point that
mni_autoreg shouldn't break when using it to generate masks.

PS: I can supply a ~9000 line file to support the above! ;)

--
Andrew Janke   ( rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance