[MINC-users] minctoraw

Peter NEELIN minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 23:07:40 -0400

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Andrew Janke wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Stephen Smith wrote:
>
> The problem as you describe it sounds like you are writing out data that is
> scaled per slice and getting "zippering" between slices. Unfortunately minctoraw
> and mincextract don't appear to have an option to "normalize" just between
> slices although peter will correct me here if I am wrong.

As Steve points out, the -normalize option already just does normalization
between slices.

> As such what you need to do is make sure a MINC image has only one max and min
> value before doing a minctoraw/mincextract.  Most programs that use volume_io
> and set_volume_real_range have the side-effect of doing this.. :)

No need for this. Both minctoraw and mincextract with -normalize do this.
In fact, it is the default for mincextract. However, Steve's problem was
normalizing two files to be on the same scale. That can only be done with
mincextract -image_range.

> On this note, I have been meaning to write a quick volume_io proggie to do this.

mincreshape -normalize already does rescaling when the output is a minc
file. If you want a particular scale, use the -image_range option to
mincreshape.

            Peter
----
            Peter Neelin (neelin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca)