[MINC-users] x86 system optimization

Jon Erik Ween, MD minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
03 Sep 2002 17:38:19 -0700

Hello everyone

I'm trying to optimize the performance of display and register on an x86
system realizing this is ported software from the SGI world. Is there a
"best" configuration, particularly using polygon-based video
components?  (My configuration if it matters: 2.2GHz P4, 512MB PC1066,
ATI Radeon 8500 128MB)

I notice that the apps are VERY  CPU intensive and suspect they are not
utilizing the VPU on the videocard very much?

Also "ldd Display" does not show any links to the Mesa libraries. I
thought these program were Mesa dependent?

Is there any compilation of minc tool functions, usage and syntax apart
from the man pages?

Any hints to the novice would be appreciated.

Jon

Jon Erik Ween, MD
Assistant Professor
Cognitive and Cerebrovascular Neurology