[MINC-development] MINC with NetCDF 4.4?

Robert D. Vincent robert.d.vincent at mcgill.ca
Mon Aug 24 09:49:06 EDT 2015

Hi all,

The issue with netCDF 4.4 seems to be that netCDF will now open HDF5 files
successfully, but the rest of the file access will fail. Some of our code
assumes that netCDF calls will fail to open HDF5 files, this allowed us to
easily detect MINC 1 vs. MINC 2 files and use the correct library for each.
I will create a fix that should work around this problem.

    -bert