[MINC-development] MINC2 file with floating-point voxels and slice normalization

Robert VINCENT bert at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 21 16:12:15 EST 2013

Hi all,

My recollection is pretty dim at this point, but I think we probably
assumed that the image min and max could be used to scale even fp voxels,
even if it didn't really make sense. It's not like fp normalization is
completely unheard-of.

FWIW, NIfTI-1 defined per-image scaling of fp voxels, although it was
clearly not the recommended usage. I probably found it hard to believe
NIfTI-1 would be more general than MINC in any area...

     -bert