[MINC-development] MINC2 file with floating-point voxels and slice normalization

Vladimir S. FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 10:42:53 EST 2013

Hell Everybody,

On 2013-01-21, at 10:28 AM, "John G. Sled" <jgsled at phenogenomics.ca> wrote:
> Vlad's question of whether to dispense with slice scaling entirely is worth further discussion.

I never said that we need to dispose of slice-scaling in case of storing floating-point values in integer volume. I said that we need to dispose of per-slice min-max information in case of floating-point volume, since it is useless  and confusing.  At least it was confusing enough for the MINC2 api authors to misinterpret.
---
Best regards,

Vladimir S. FONOV ~ v.s.fonov <at> ilmarin.info