[MINC-development] mincresample issue/bug at smaller voxel sizes using concatenated transforms

Alex Zijdenbos zijdenbos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 17:01:22 EST 2011

I agree... ugly. This doesn't seem like something that should be
handled by an environment variable, and not even a command-line option
(although the latter would allow for easier scripting around it). I'll
happily admit that I am not familiar with the innards of mincresample;
but conceptually I would say mincresample should "just work"
regardless of voxel size - which I think leads back to the "ideal"
solution that Claude pointed out - making ftol somehow dependent on
voxel size. If that is not possible, would it work to set it it to a
fixed but very small value that would work across the expected range
of resolutions?

As a side note, I have worked my way around issues like this by
scaling the images up to a ~1mm voxel size, registering and resampling
there, then scaling the voxel size back.

-- A