[MINC-development] max_buffer_size_in_kb

Alex Zijdenbos zijdenbos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 07:37:24 EDT 2011

> So is there consensus on what we call these two new ENV vars?  We
> currently have this list:
>
>   MINC_FORCE_V2 = {1, 0}
>   MINC_COMPRESS = {0..9}-
>   MINC_CHUNKING = {0..N}
>   MINC_LOGFILE = [+]<pathname>|stdout|-
>   MINC_LOGLEVEL = 0-4
>
> So do:
>
>   MINC_MAX_MEMORY
>   MINC_MAX_FILE_BUFFER
>
> fit in well with this?  Perhaps MINC_MEMMAX and MINC_FILE_MEMMAX?
> whatever we choose there should be a nice easy to understand link
> between -max_buffer_size_in_kb and MINC_MAX_FILE_BUFFER.
>
> If I hear nothing else, I will press ahead with MINC_MAX_MEMORY +
> MINC_MAX_FILE_BUFFER tonight.

To be a bit more consistent, I'd suggest MINC_MAX_FILE_MEMORY (why
would one be called 'memory' and the other 'buffer'?)

But either way, I think the most important is that these actually be
documented at the user level. I for one was only aware of the first
two original ones, and have no idea what the other 3 do :-)

-- A