[MINC-development] max_buffer_size_in_kb

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 04:42:02 EDT 2011

On 11 August 2011 08:03, Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would anyone be against me upping the default limit (4MB in most tools)?
>
> Perhaps we should take an ENV var approach?

Sounds good.

For what it's worth, most libraries seem to use both env vars and
command-line switches, so you could have:

$ minc-process file.mnc

will use the default buffer size

$ MINC_BUFFER=64m minc-process file.mnc

will use a 64mb buffer and

$ MINC_BUFFER=64m minc-process --minc-buffer=8m file.mnc

will use a 8mb buffer (command-line switches always override env
vars). The idea is that the env var sets the default, the switch sets
the value for this invocation.

John